Sunday, December 8, 2013

Moving To Ultra, My 7th Marathon, Or a LSD

It's my 4th time paticipating in annual Singapore marathon, and 7th marathon.  Training was interrupted by work and family issues. I lost my peak performance after achieving PB in September's Army Half Marathon (1:38:11). And a serious flu I got two weeks before race made it even worse. Sekiya Ryoichi's autobiography saved me from deep valey. I got inspiration and adjusted my goal.
Sekiya's philosophy is simple: good time arrangement among family, work and running. Run as much and as easy. Good timming achieved after sufficient time on running acummulated. In a word: run as much as you can manage. The only key to train more is run slow, so slow is not a shame. I gave up sub4 plan and decided to run it as a LSD and continue to train immediately after race. That day my two daughters were also run kids category. So I arrange with my wife to meet them at Esplanade Bridge after kids flag-off. I should only run a 5:15hrs marathon and get there by 10:00am. 

It was a shame that I got up late and hurried to start line 25min after flag off, without eating anything. The situation became more serious: it meant I need to run a ~4:45 marathon with empty stomach. The good thing is: it was right on my MAF pace zone at the time (~6:30/km). and I had SAFRA running club supported in East Coast Park (where I fueled 1 banana and 1 sng bao, another sng bao after turning back). The weather was great, I had no problem maintaining a 6:30/km pace, even had the luxury going to the toilet for 6min (same toilet as in year 2012 Sundown and 2011 SCMS). My barefeet also didn't encounter much problem. Road condition was still sucks in Marina East, and after Gardens By the Bay. I could run faster than last time  because of increased barefoot mileage. I met some barefoot runners along the way, two Indians, one from Malaysia "Bare with me" running group, and two from "Singapore barefoot minimalist" running group who wore their signature Tee. They all ran debut barefoot marathon. I encouraged them and moved on my own pace.
I arrived Esplanade Bridging at 10:00am sharp. I tried to call me wife but no answer. I waited at Anderson Bridge, watching other parents and kids running by for 5min. I finally reached my wife and She told me they were rejected to enter the course for late coming. I told them to wait for me and I made my way to the finish line.

I hurried collecting the medal and Tee, and made my way to Esplanade Theater. I later found my family in the bridge. Till then I had been running for 5:09hrs, all together 45km, long enough LSD.
Later we were able the get into the course with the help of one warm heart road Marshall. Both kids was happy because they can run and win medals. Me too, and my best part is cross finish line again, with Feican. My annual marathon goal accomplished.

It was a good long run. Not much stress to body. I even planned to run most marathons as long run except the one I pursue for PB. Now my target is ultra, run slower and healthier. 
The statistics said I passed 1686 runners at last 5k, and only overtook by 93. I think the 93 were that 5min I wait in the Anderson bridge : )
Before we enter the course, we cheered for the runner in Esplanade Bridge, took some photos. They can be found in my Facebook: Face book album link



My happy family day!




3 comments:

  1. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
    Buy lsd liquid online

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are particular dissertation web-sites through the world wide web to make risk-free apparently with their registered as part of your site. buy liquid acid

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50k training plan We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends.

    ReplyDelete