Thursday, January 9, 2014

Running Diary 0039

9 Jan 2014, 24C, sunny.
Today's 12.4km felt better than yesterday. On my way back I chased a squirrel. It remind me a book with a weird name: Don't Wipe Your Ass With A Squirrel. It is a trail/ ultra running book for beginner. It said trail running involved more muscle groups than road running due to varied terrain during run, while road running involved a specific muscle group and repeatedly stress it all along. Road runner should hit the trail once a while to exercise more muscles and so should trial runner hit the road, to improve endurance of a specific muscle group. I could agree no more. My training route in Pasir Ris Park is too flat. This Saturday I'll hit a more hilly route to East Coast Park, the venue of Twilight Ultra Challenge in this Mar. I should visit the race route every week till the race day.
I was also wondering if I should reduce morning run, like Ryoichi Sekiya, who only ran 5km in the morning commuting to his working place, estimating how much should run according to the feel during this trial run. It was highly indicative and adaptive. Since I have built up efficient fat burning with this morning empty run for over two years. I no long hit wall in a marathon and can even complete empty training run more than 4hrs. Maybe it's time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment