Monday, January 27, 2014

Approach to Zero Recovery Marathon

Day 0057
27Jan 2014, 24C, cloudy.
Waited till 48hrs after Saturday 43km run, finally confirmed it to be a zero recovery marathon. If I run below this pace, I could extend my long run distance further. But I was hesitating to do every week. To play safe, just do bi-weekly first. Though I was free from muscle soreness and made no interruption in training, I still felt tired yesterday and today. I don't want to take the risk. Today's 10km finished in normal pace, but heart rate was lower, could well manage below 130bpm, I guess my current MAF pace (under HR 140) should be around 6:15/km. It was quite promising at an high cadence of over 190spm. Last year my cadence was just around 180, but based on my latest measurement: Saturday long run 186spm, today 190spm. No wonder I felt my heart rate higher. Beside this, the benefit of high cadence was attractive: it stress less muscle (mainly quads) and going to provide advantage in ultra training and racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment