Sunday, March 2, 2014

Peak Mileage Returns

2 Mar 2013, 25~32C, partly cloudy.
It has been 2 months no rain but weather still cool in the morning and evening. I ran every evening in Meridian JC, and some recovery runs in the morning. Seikiya's pattern works for me. This week I achieved 127km mileage. I made same record in last Apr. But this time it was much easier because I have 3 days doubles. Doubles are good for mileage accumulation. It gives more recovery time between runs. Most important is morning run. It was brilliant to put recovery run in the morning. Because I need glycogen depletion training no more. It does relief stress from previous hard workout. I could put two hard workout in my training. Tuesday 10xYasso800, Thursday Fartlek. Later I will migrate to tempo and interval. Between them were 90min MAF runs in Moday, Wednesday and Friday. The recovery run depend on my condition. If I were too tired, I opt sleep instead push me the the morning run. So this week I only did 3 morning recovery run. Saturday I did 30.6km long run, thanks to the speed work, long run pace improved by 15 more seconds per km, even though the day was hot. Sunday I follow Elias CC elite runner Simin. I was able to follow his pace till last few hundreds meters for the 9.2km distance. We started from 5:00/km pace, then 4:30/km, in the last km, Simin kicked to 4:00/km. I tried to catch up but failed in the last 300 meters.I only did 4:15/km at last and felt hard to get faster. I realized speed was very hard achieve, even in my fartlek runs, I could only achieve 3:17/km pace for a 90sec sprint session. I can't imagine how the Kenyans run under 3:00/km pace in a marathon. They are genius.
For two weeks I have incorporated speed work in my weekly training. It was time to do it,which I had paused for 3 year. Thanks to the pure base training in the past 3 years. I had no muscle strain, no signs of injury, and over training. It's time to be a speed demon!

No comments:

Post a Comment