Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Athletic Health Screen Results

12 Feb 2014, 27C, partly cloudy.
Today I had an appointment in CGH to follow up my heath screen three weeks ago.
The results was possitive. The most important thing in this screen was heart related. EKG and 2D Echo found my heart was normal in function and measurement. No LVH (left venticular hypertrophy) was found. LVH has recently found to be close correlated with SCD (sudden cardiarc death) which has been increasingly common seen in distance running races. The famous Born To Run character "Cabalo Blanco"'s death was also suspected to be LVH. To avoid LVH, training under MAF (HR below 180-age) is a must be. And annual EKG mearsurement is required to find potential heart abnormal. It was green light to me to proceed to next episode of long distance running. But safty always the first thing. As the doctor suggested, I will wear HRM all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment