Sunday, February 16, 2014

Garmin Dead II

13th Feb 2014, 10km.
14th Feb 2014, 10km.
15th Feb 2014, 10km run in afternoon, followef by a 40min swim, 1.6km run back home. Unfortunately, my Garmin 305 dead after lap swim. Suspect due to the worn out of side buttons. I don't blame its IPX water resistance.
16th Feb 2014, 9.5km run in 45min with PRPR (Pasir Ris Park Runner, formerly know as Elias CSC running club). I wore Garmin Swim to clock to timming, unfortunately, the band was broken and the watch dropped, then after I pushed button to save the workout, it stopped woking and shown "please wait" ....This unit I purchased in Aug 2012, only 1.5 years and I did no more than 1 swim per week, the band should not be so fragile since it marked as a professional lap swim watch. A cheap Timex Ironman watch (~USD30) could stand more the two years lap swimming!
In two consecutive days both my Garmin dead. From tomorrow, I will be training without watch until my 310XT shipped to Singapore (I ordered from Amazon 1 week ago, only cost USD159). Should I trust Garmin.

No comments:

Post a Comment