Sunday, December 5, 2010

My road to 42.195 -- Part 5. The finishing line

Some 20,000 runners gathered at Orchard rd. for a run. It took me 1hr to have my bag deposited. When rushed to startling line. The parade already moved and I could not find my category (<5hrs). And I also had not enough time to stretch and go to toilet. All mall were locked until I ran by Someset 313, it did save my life. It was only after 5k I ran out of slow parade and back to my designated pace. I'm already 10min late than usual. On the other hand it was a good warm ups. I hang on till 30km, when reached Marina bay barrage, the bare land and hot sun killed me, together with the strain. Half run half walk I struggled to the finish line at 4hrs57min38. Thanks the 5:00 pacer I met at Fulerton hotel, help me push to the end.

This is my first marathon, not so easy as expected, especially after 30km, when all the pain came, I even run with eye closed, trying to push the soul above my body, to feel less pain.
Shall I do another one? Sure, I still need to run into sub-4 as I promised to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment